Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe With Banana Cake Icing
What greater combination is there than banana and chocolate, and this chocolate banana cake recipe with banana cake icing brings out the best of both flavors.
This is an easy banana cake recipe with cake mix as an ingredient, but the addition of buttermilk and butter in the chocolate mix makes it taste more like it was made from scratch.
The complimentary icing just seals the deal.
Quick and easy but moist and luscious… Just what a banana cake should be.
Chocolate Banana Cake Recipe
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package devils food chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup very ripe bananas, usually 2 to 3
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, add dry mix, buttermilk, melted butter, eggs, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Beat on low until well mixed, then beat on high for about 2 minutes.
- Add mashed bananas to mix, and beat on high for another minute.
- Pour into prepared baking pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- When done, remove the cake from the oven, and allow to cool completely before frosting.
Banana Cake Icing Recipe
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (not melted)
- 1 (pound) box confectioners sugar
- 1 cup ground nuts (walnuts or pecans work best)
- Mash bananas, and stir in 1 teaspoon orange juice to the mashed bananas.
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add confectioners sugar and mix by spoon or electric mixer until it is the consistency of whipped cream.
- Add mashed bananas (with the teaspoon of orange juice already added to them) in with the butter / confectioners sugar mixture, and stir well to combine.
- When cake is cool enough, ice the cake, then sprinkle ground walnuts or pecans evenly over the frosting.
You’ll know this easy chocolate banana cake recipe is a banana cake recipe to keep when you take that first sweet bite!
PS, If you want to give this cake a little extra nutrition, try adding a couple Tablespoons of Chia Seeds to your cake mix! Chia seeds are considered a superfood and provide tons of natural energy for your every-growing and changing cells! Here are the Chia Seeds I use, and you can get them from Amazon: Navitas Naturals Organic Raw Chia Seeds, 1 Pound Pouches.