Christmas Cookie Recipe | Cute Christmas Ball Cookies
When I saw these Christmas Ball Cookies, I knew I just had to pass them along to my readers here at Padoozles.com.
This Christmas cookie recipe from Betty Crocker Recipes are not just easy and fun to make (perfect for little helpers helping in the kitchen), they are also just the cutest little Christmas cookies around!
Christmas Ball Cookies
Ingredients (Cookie dough)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of the butter, 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, and the salt with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Beat in 1/4 teaspoon of the almost extract.
- On low speed, beat in flour just until combined.
- Cover, refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight.
Ingredients (Cookie icing)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- ALSO: Red, green, and white sugar for decorating (see below)
- In a small bowl, beat 1/4 cup butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, and 1 Tablespoon milk with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Cover; set aside until ready for use.
- Have red, green, and white sugar for decorating available to use when decorating cookies.
To bake and assemble these cute little Christmas treats:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper, or spray with baking spray.
- Shape dough into 48 (3/4 inch) balls.
- Roll 16 balls in each color of decorating sugar, coating completely.
- Place balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until set and bottoms are light golden brown.
- When baking is complete, remove from baking sheets to cool. Cool COMPLETELY, at least 30 minutes or more!
- (While cookies are cooling, remove icing from refrigerator if you have stored it there so it will be nice and soft when your cookies are cool enough to decorate.)
- When the cookie balls are completely cool, spread about 1/2 teaspoon icing on the bottom of one cookie and top with a second cookie, bottom side down to form a ball.
Makes 24 servings.
This Christmas cookie dough recipe has the taste of old fashioned sugar cookies but the appearance of a gourmet bakery delicacy.
What’s best of all, it’s a Christmas cookie recipe your whole family can have fun making and decorating in a jiffy and with a smile.
How to make colored sugar for decorating
You can always purchase pre-colored sugar for decorating sugar cookies at Christmastime, but if you want to make your own, it’s really easy . Just place a little white sugar on a piece of wax paper and add a drop of the food color of your choice. If it’s too dark, add a little extra sugar!
Use immediately, or store in an air tight jar.
This colored sugar can be used for any of your Christmas cookie recipes that call for colored sugar such as these Christmas Ball Cookies or other Christmas recipe.