It’s not easy finding enough coconut recipes when one loves those little flaked morsels as much as I do, but when you find oatmeal cookies that combines coconut AND chocolate all wrapped up in one cookie recipe, you know the wait has been worthwhile!
These coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies shape up quite nicely when you roll them into a soft, smooth ball before placing them on the baking sheet.
If you prefer a more natural look, you can just drop them onto the pan without rolling them first. The beauties below were rolled smooth in my hands before baking.
Also, adding one additional egg to the recipe below gives these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies more of a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe taste while using just one egg as directed below maintains the prominent flavor more.
It’s my guess that if you like the interior part of Mounds Bars, you’ll probably be happiest keeping it at one egg!
After all, while everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie recipes, and Quaker Oats make any mom’s day, when you add that little tropical palm, it just makes life seem a little closer to Heaven!
Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Quaker Oats
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter, egg, coconut extract, vanilla extract, and brown sugar. Mix well by hand or with a mixer.
- In another smaller bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and coconut.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter-egg mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and Quaker oats, stirring or manually mixing by hand as if kneading bread.
- Scoop cookie dough by a Tablespoon, and roll in your palms to shape into a smooth round ball.
- Place each ball onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Each batch makes about 4 dozen coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for your family.