Cute and Cuddly Easter Desserts for Kids
When you’re cooking for kids on Easter, these charming Easter desserts should be a part of your day.
They’re cute, easy to make, and can be made the day before in the event you’re going to church or have lots of other family activities planned for that day.
When you see how your childrens’ eyes light up as these little treats come their way, you’ll want to put these cute Easter desserts in your Easter recipes collection to use them again and again… or at least until your kids start making these desserts for THEIR kids when they’re all grown up!
Cute Easter Dessert Recipes
Rice Krispie Treats Easter Eggs
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 ounce) regular marshmallows, about 40 OR 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Cake decorating icing tubes with cake decorating tips (available at your local grocery store in the baking aisle)
- Assorted candies and decorations
NOTE: Before you even start, put some wax paper on a baking sheet so you’ll have it ready when you need it. This process must be done quickly before the mixture hardens!
- In a large saucepan melt butter over very low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and stir constantly until completely melted.
- Remove from heat, and QUICKLY add cereal, then QUICKLY stirring until the cereal is well coated.
- Using a 1/3 to 1/2 cup-sized measuring cup coated with cooking spray, divide the cereal marshmallow mixture into portions and place on wax paper.
- As quickly as you can then, coat your palms with butter, and mold the cereal marshmallow mixture into egg shapes.
- Let set on wax paper covered baking sheet until ready to decorate and eat.
Either decorate the Rice Krispie eggs with icing yourself after they have set or….
As an activity with the kids, let them decorate the eggs with the cake decorating icing using the cake decorating tips and tubes you purchased for them and small assorted pieces of candy. You can also find easy decorating candy at the same location you purchased the cake decorating icing and tips.
When it comes to kids recipes, no one has a better one than Rice Krispie Treats! Just color these sweet desserts up a little for your Easter Day dinner, and you’re all set!
- 1 package (7 ounce) coconut
- 2 boxes strawberry jello
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Slivered almonds soaked in green food coloring
- Red sugar and green sugar
- Mix together the coconut, 2 boxes strawberry jello, and sweetened condensed milk.
- Form into shapes that resemble strawberries and place on wax paper.
- Dip bottom and side sections of each strawberry into the red sugar and the top part of each strawberry into the green sugar.
- Top with a green colored slivered almond.
These pretty little strawberry desserts can be served on a serving dish for Easter or any time a special treat would be in order.
They also make nice gifts for friends and grandparents or as formal party delights at a bridal shower, baby shower, anniversary party, or even wedding reception!
Easter Birds Nests
- 2 (6 ounce) packages chow mein noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 60 to 90 chocolate egg-shaped candy or some other small egg shape or rounded candy like M&Ms, Milk Duds, Skittles, malted milk balls, or jelly beans
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper, and have ready to work quickly.
- Spray a 1/4 cup sized measuring cup with cooking spray and keep handy.
- Pour the butterscotch morsels into a microwave safe bowl, and put them in the microwave.
- Heat on 50 percent for about 30 seconds. Remove to stir.
- After stirring, replace butterscotch chips in microwave and heat again for another 30 seconds on 50 percent.
- Remove, and stir in the chow mein noodles.
- Using the prepared 1/4 cup measuring cup and with buttered hands, measure out the butterscotch chow mein bird nests and place each one on the tray which has been covered with wax paper.
- Immediately indent the tops ever so slightly, and place 2 to 3 eggs (or equivalent candies) inside each nest.
- Allow to set for at least 10 to 20 minutes before serving.
Marshmallow Peeps on a Cupcake
Make strawberry cake or use your favorite lemon cake recipe to make cupcakes.
Then decorate with light pink, yellow, or pastel green or blue icing, and top with Easter peeps.
Strawberry Shortcake Twinkies
Take a lesson from my mom who knew how to make the best stuff of just the little things!
Easter dessert recipes don’t have to be hard either!
If you’re REALLY stretched for time, but would like to have some nice individual Easter desserts, you can make the best little strawberry shortcakes by using Hostess Twinkies as your cake base and topping them with some strawberries to which you had earlier added some sugar to (which creates a kind of strawberry syrup as it sets).
You’ve got some very easy Easter desserts in no time flat, and you haven’t broken the bank making these either.
Thanks Mom (and that’s Helen Abercrombie to you!) 🙂
Use these Easter desserts on Easter or other family holidays, spring and summer birthdays, or even just about any spring or summer day when a light-hearted dessert recipe is in order.