An Easy Banana Cake Recipe With a Sweet Appeal
If you’re looking for an easy banana cake recipe, this is a great one.
With pecans, cinnamon sugar, and a fashionable bundt pan, you have all the makings of a stylish dessert.
With mashed bananas and a yellow cake mix, a banana cake recipe couldn’t be easier than this.
If you’re cooking for kids who don’t like nuts or can’t eat pecans yet, just leave them out and follow this recipe as is, or add a cup or so of chocolate chips to the batter for an easy chocolate chip banana cake.
You could even substitute chopped sesame seeds for the pecans if you wish.
As you can see, this easy bundt cake is also very versatile as well.
Easy Banana Cake Recipe With Cinnamon Sugar
- 4 large, very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup canola oil or better yet, coconut oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (18.25 ounce) yellow cake mix
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Cinnamon sugar (see below)
- Some confectioners powdered sugar to shake on top, optional
For cinnamon sugar to shake, you can use the following:
- A mixture of white sugar (about 1/8 to 1/4 cup) and cinnamon (a teaspoon or two), or you can use a purchased blend.
- Put bananas and canola oil in a blender and mix well, or mash bananas by hand and stir in canola oil to mix.
- Put mix in a large bowl, and add banana / oil mixture.
- Add sugar to the mix, and stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs in a separate bowl; then add the eggs along with the vanilla, and stir to combine.
- Beat with an electric mixer on high speed for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon.
- Grease your bundt cake pan with butter. Then sprinkle a cinnamon sugar mixture on the sides for a sweet effect.
- Pour one half of the batter into the greased and sugared pan.
- Sprinkle the sugar, nuts, and cinnamon mixture on top of the batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter over the sugar, pecans, cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
- As with almost any cake recipe and especially with a bundt cake recipe, let the banana cake set for 10 minutes to cool down just a little before removing it from the pan.
- When 10 minutes has gone by, gently slide a knife around the banana cake, and carefully turn over onto a serving plate.
- When the banana cake has cooled completely, sprinkle the top with white confectioners sugar.
This easy dessert recipe may not take a lot of your time and energy, but your family will enjoy this easy banana cake recipe that looks sweet and tastes even sweeter.