Easy Chicken Breast Recipes for Kids
When you have children, you’re constantly looking for recipes that are good, healthy, and appeal to your kids. You need recipes for kids!
Well, we’ve uncovered some easy chicken breast recipes for kids that your your whole family will love, and you can also rest assured knowing you’re giving them a healthy start in life too.
The recipes below are real food recipes that are good for kids but still quick and easy (since you’re a mom or dad… and you’re busy, thank you very much). Most importantly, while they do offer a couple shorts cuts when possible to save on time and mom’s energy levels, they still offer healthy eating options while catering to the taste buds of children.
These boneless chicken breast recipes are a great food for kids, loved by both small kids and big alike, and they are healthy chicken breast recipes to boot.
See our list of lovable but still healthy kid friendly chicken recipes here, and you’ll be smiling as your children gobble up the goodness!
Chicken Nuggets Recipe
(Because no list of chicken recipes for kids is complete with homemade chicken nuggets! Don’t worry. They’re easy to make too.)
- 1 cup PANKO bread crumbs (or previously dried breadcrumbs you have made from your own bread)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or real unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a small bowl or large zip lock baggie, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and the seasonings.
- Pour melted butter or coconut oil into a second bowl, and dip chicken pieces into the butter and then into the bread crumb mixture, completely coating each piece.
- Place nuggets into a 15-inch x 10-inch baking pan that has been sprayed with coconut oil spray.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until juices run clear.
Great served with baked beans and apple wedges*, and don’t forget the Ranch dressing dip for the nuggets!
Chicken Roll Ups
- 1 (8-ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls or better yet, these homemade whole grain crescent rolls from Real Food Mom
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine cooked and chopped chicken, cream cheese, and shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Divide crescent rolls into 8 triangles, and scoop chicken / cheeses mixture equally onto the 8 triangles.
- Roll each crescent roll up, starting with the widest end, rolling up to the smallest point, and place each on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes (make sure you check at 10 minutes) to let crescent rolls become golden brown.
Pea soup and canned pineapple chunks are great with this!
This next easy baked chicken breast recipe is also an absolute necessity among easy recipes for kids. It’s like macaroni and cheese upgraded!
Cheesy Shells with Chicken
- 2 (6-ounce) packages whole wheat macaroni and cheese, prepared
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 1/2 cups non-GMO organic frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Southwest Cheddar Soup or Pepper Jack Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 1 cup finely shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh bread crumbs
- Prepare packaged shells and cheese as directed on box. Set aside. (This can be done the day and stored in the refrigerator for use later if that helps.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees, and spray a 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium low heat, and add green onions and chicken.
- Saute the onions and chicken in the saucepan, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetables, pepper, prepared shells and cheese, soup, and shredded cheese.
- Stir and heat through.
- Pour hot mixture into the prepared baking dish, and baked uncovered for 25 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
Now finish this meal with some fresh strawberries on top of a small cloud of whipped cream!
It’s hard to get much easier or healthier than these chicken breast recipes, so kids… enjoy, and Mom, enjoy your day with the kids instead of fussing over your family dinner tonight!