Easy Pancake Recipe with Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pancake Syrup
The kids are up; it’s almost breakfast time; and you need some quick and easy pancakes.
And we all know Bisquick recipes are always quick and easy recipes!
Here’s an easy pancake recipe with brown sugar followed by a brown sugar and cinnamon pancake syrup recipe to top them all off with.
We’ve also included some pancake variations for your Bisquick pancakes to keep your breakfast table bursting with new tastes and flavors.
Easy Pancake Recipe with Bisquick and Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 Tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp apple pie filling per pancake stack
- Warm skillet or griddle to medium heat.
- Mix Bisquick, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add milk and egg, and stir just until combined. For moist and fluffy pancakes, do not over stir. Pancake batter should be only stirred until to combine with lumps still in the batter being the norm.
- Prepare warmed skillet or griddle with cooking spray or some butter (melt in skillet before cooking pancakes). Then pour batter onto heated, prepared pan.
- Cook without flipping until you see bubbles and the top begin to set somewhat. Then turn over and cook a couple more minutes on the other side.
- Remove, stack, and drop about a Tablespoon of canned apple pie filling on top of each stack for garnishment.
Pancake Recipe Variations and Toppings
* Instead of garnishing the stack with apple pie filling, top with a bit of whipped cream and sprinkle mini chocolate chips or hot chocolate mix on top of the whipped cream. Garnish with a few nuts too if you like!
* Mix equal amounts of butter and honey and serve on the side as a spread.
* Or top with 1 teaspoon of Nutella, 1 teaspoon Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter, mashed banana or peanut butter mixed with a little honey to make it smooth, 1 – 2 Tablespoons of strawberry applesauce, a pat of butter, or a spoonful of Greek yogurt.
* Drop 1 – 2 teaspoons of white icing on top and sprinkle with white sugar and cinnamon for some easy cinnamon roll pancakes!
* Or drop a Tablespoon of caramel dip with shredded or dried apples on top for candied apple pancakes!
* These pancakes are also great without any additional garnishments such as pie filling, sweeteners, or treats.
For a low calorie pancake recipe, use Splenda brown sugar substitute or try Stevia Concentrate Dark Liquid which is a natural sugar free brown sugar substitute.
For a low fat version, you can use Bisquick Reduced Fat Pancake and Baking Mix.
Bisquick also makes a gluten free pancake mix as well now too!
Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Pancake Syrup Recipe
Best if made just before you make the pancakes so you can let it thicken a little before use.
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
In a small saucepan, whisk together all ingredients over a medium high heat until the sugar has dissolved. Let set a few minutes before serving to allow time to thicken.
As you can see, its easy to make pancake recipes suit your family’s needs and likes. It’s even nicer when the recipe for pancakes is easy as well!