Gifts for Grandma – Mothers Day Gift Ideas for a Grandma
Getting gifts for Grandma on Mother’s Day isn’t that difficult if you know some tricks of the grandparenting trade.
To get the hang of grandmothers, remember these three things:
- Grandparents love their grandchildren.
- Grandparents love their grandchildren’s parents (their kids).
- Grandparents want their grandchildrens’ parents (their kids) to KNOW they love their grandchildren (their kid’s kids).
Oh, and when you’re talking about Grandmothers in particular…
- If you remember a Grandmother on Mother’s Day, you are lovingly giving a little back to someone who has given you her all, and that will mean a WHOLE lot to her.
OK, with that in mind, check out these nifty grandma gifts that will help Grandma accomplish her grandparenting goals listed above!
Gifts for Grandma
Personalized Gifts for Grandma
Anything that tells the world that this Grandma has some special grandkids is a great gift by any granny’s standard.
You can find many personalized gifts such as:
- Personalized picture frames with grandchildren pictures included
- Engraved pens with “Grandma” or even just her name engraved on it
- Personalized playing cards (Hey, when she’s playing Canasta with her friends, she wants them to know they are not dealing with just any normal Grandmother!)
- Monogrammed towels, monogrammed beach towels, or a monogrammed robe
- A photo blanket or photo mug of her grandchild or grandchildren
Homemade Gifts for Grandma
Anything a Grandma’s grandchild makes for her will make her one happy lady.
You can create some nice personalized presents for her like some of the following Mother’s Day gift ideas:
- Personalized pillowcases displaying the grandkids’ handprints which have been dipped in paint and applied to the pillowcases
- Embroidered handprints of the grandchildren
- Hand decorated picture frames
- Decorated desk pads
- Homemade candy
- A baby memory book, baby album, or photo album of an older child’s life and activities (ice hockey practice, prom night, dance recitals, and hopefully a few pictures you have taken of the kids with Grandma throughout the year if you can
Unique Gifts for Grandma
Unique gifts for grandma would be gifts that would mean something special just to the grandmother you are giving the present to… something that tells her you were thinking about HER.
While you know the Grandma of your family better than anyone else and would know what she might enjoy in life, here are a few ideas to get you thinking.
- Luxury gift baskets with either high quality bath items, bath items from the dollar store, or homemade soaps and bubble bath… Whatever you think she would enjoy and which fits your budget best
- Funny pajamas and a box of hot chocolate
- Precious Moments figurines or other figurines that would mean something to her
- A framed picture or framed poem by her favorite artist or poet. (My mom used to love Helen Steiner Rice poems when she was still here with us.)
- A ticket to do something she has always wanted to do or would just enjoy doing again. If the grandchild tells Grandma they have a ticket for themselves too, it’s a date!
- Grandmother jewelry
As a special note, my daughter Amy (the mom of the cute little baby-bibed guy on the front of my website) makes some beautiful hand crafted jewelry and has started her own crafting business called Liam’s Lamb to sell them.
If you are interested in some special gifts for Grandma, a bracelet or necklace with grandkids birthstones like what Amy designs and makes could be the perfect gift for the grandma in your life.
If you would like to check out Amy’s grandmother jewelry and other jewelry items, please see Amy’s Facebook page for more info
As you see, finding gifts for Grandma for Mother’s Day isn’t that hard, especially when you remember that whatever a Grandmother gets is usually the best gift in the world as far as she is concerned.