Simply delicious. Simply healthy. This simple and easy pancake recipe using oatmeal, whole grains, and buttermilk is just right for your family’s breakfast!
Not only are these whole wheat pancakes made from scratch, they are full of all kinds of healthy and natural ingredients that will make you smile on the inside while your loved ones are enjoying their breakfast in the morning, or any time of the day for that matter!
A healthy pancake recipe you’ll really enjoy making and serving to your family!
Harvest Grain and Nut Whole Wheat Pancake Recipe
A moist and delicious whole wheat and homemade pancake recipe. Top it off with naturally sweetened syrup, and you’re on your way to a happy, healthy lifestyle for your family!
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned Quaker Oatmeal
- 1 1/2 cups while wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cups applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Grind the oats in food processor or Ninja Blender until fine. In a large bowl, combine ground oatmeal, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another blow, combine buttermilk, milk, applesauce, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and maple extract with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently stir to mix.
- Stir in nuts.
- Lightly oil a pancake griddle or cast iron skillet to medium heat.
- When hot, ladle 1/3 cup of the batter onto the griddle or skillet and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until brown.
Serve the pancakes with your favorite maple syrup, sugar free maple syrup, or homemade agave syrup made with a combination of 1 cup agave nectar with 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract.
This harvest grain and nut pancake recipe is only one recipe for whole wheat pancakes out there. Do you have any healthy whole wheat pancake recipes you would like to share with us? If so, please feel free to share them below!