Low Carb Cookies Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’re on a low carb diet or just watching your calories and sugar intake as part of a healthy diet, this low carb cookies recipe for chocolate chips is sure to please.
They’re chewy, easy to make, and are definitely a part of diets that work to keep the pounds off.
Not only that, it’s a great chocolate chip cookie recipe that everyone in your family can love!
Make sure you check the label of the chocolate chips before you purchase any though. If you want low carb cookies, you’ll want to verify the chips are actually low and not just sugar free as some have a slightly higher carb count.
To check the actual count to see where your product stands, see the number listed as total carbohydrates, then subtract any fiber and any sugar substitute number. That should give you the actual count.
If you are simply interested in sugar free low carb cookies and don’t mind a slightly higher count, then most sugar free chocolate chips will do.
The almond flour in the recipe is another ingredient that is perfect for low carb recipes.
You can make your own almond flour by processing small almonds in a blender or food processor, or you can find it at health food stores or on the organic / healthy section of your grocery store aisle. It’s also available on Amazon.
If you love low carb cookies recipes but have a real sweet tooth for chocolate, you’re going to love this chocolaty recipe for low carb cookies!
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup low carb chocolate chips or sugar free chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts or pecans
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4 stick of butter, melted
- Mix almond flour, baking soda, chocolate chips, and nuts together in a large bowl.
- Add egg, sugar substitute, and melted butter, and mix until creamed.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray; then form cookie dough into balls and place on the cooking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let the cookies set on the sheet for 10 more minutes to set before moving.
Makes 16 low carb chocolate chip cookies.
With a low carb cookies recipe like this, who needs sugar again!