Make Low Carb Cookies for the Holidays
With Thanksgiving and Christmas on our mind, but also with a little bit of jelly belly on our minds as well, our first response might be to just toss out all thoughts of having a joyous baking season this holiday season.
Instead of giving up on holiday cheer that will brighten your family holiday, why not consider making low carb cookies for the holidays?
Low carb cookies recipes can keep weight down while providing the opportunity to participate in the traditional fun of the season, and are part of many diets that work, even during the mad holiday rush!
With these kinds of treats to enjoy, family holidays are something you can look forward to and enjoy!
Check out our recipes for sugar free low carb cookies below, copy them and put them with your Christmas recipes, and get ready for your next holiday baking season!
Low Carb Toasted Almond Coconut Balls
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- 2/3 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened coconut powder
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softenened
- 2 Tablespoons cold water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small skillet, heat almonds over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. This will be approximately 2 minutes. remove from heat and cool.
- When almonds are cool, put the almonds in a food processor and process until very finely ground.
- In medium bowl, combine almonds, the 2/3 cup Splenda, coconut flakes, and cocoa powder. Add softened butter, water, and vanilla. Stir until well mixed.
- Shape into twelve balls (about 1 inch in diameter).
- Serve immediately or cover tightly and chill for up to three days.
Low Carb Snickerdoodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Additional 2 Tablespoons Splenda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In an electric mixer, beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add 3/4 cup almond flour, 1 cup Splenda, egg, vanilla, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Beat in the remaining flour.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- While waiting, combine the additional 2 Tablespoons Splenda with ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- When mix is chilled, shape dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll each ball in the Splenda / cinnamon mixture and place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes about 30 cookies.
*** I love all healthy recipes, but while I really like the Snickerdoodles low carb cookies recipe above, my favorite recipe for low carb cookies is the no bake cookies below! ***
Low Carb No Bake Cookies
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa
- 2/3 cup Splenda
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring the butter, cream, cocoa, and Splenda to a boil in a very small pot. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the peanut butter until well blended, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop onto waxed paper, shaping into balls if needed.
- Chill until firm.
Makes 12 cookies.
I hope these low carb cookies this holiday make your family’s holiday season brighter while keeping that bowl full of jelly on Santa’s belly and away from yours!
You can also find more great low carb Christmas cookie recipes throughout out site! Check us out!