Have you discovered Paleo recipes yet? I have, and I love them, especially these Paleo chocolate chip cookies!
Oh, I am not into the “caveman” thing. You know. I’m not into trying to eat like the hunter-gathering people of long ago, and as a Christian, I think the world is much younger than a millions-year-old caveman would indicate.
I’m also not a tried and true Paleo cavegirl. My family still likes its low carb ice cream, yogurt, couscous, and quinoa.
Still, the recipes for the Paleo Diet are great to incorporate into any home kitchen, and the overall principles of the Paleo Diet are very useful for anyone who wants to eat more like God made us to eat – healthier!
And who would like to have a healthy recipe for chocolate chip cookies?
With that healthy “WE DO” coming from just about everyone in the house, here are some recipes for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. These healthy chocolate chip cookie recipes are not only good for your body, they are clean, closer to God’s original creation of basic foods (unprocessed), low carb, low on the GI index, grain and dairy free, and gluten free. A couple of the cookies here are nut free as well for those who deal with nut allergies.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup (and from a microwave)
Now this is the one if you have a chocolate craving but you don’t need an entire batch of cookies laying around the house to tempt you! PS, Don’t you just love the banana in this recipe!
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 TBSP. Coconut Flour
- 1 TBSP. Coconut Milk
- 1 Heaping TBSP. Almond Butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract (Make sure you use pure vanilla extract or you might be adding hidden wheat and/or gluten to your diet, not a good idea)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 TBSP Dark Chocolate Chips (Check the label to verify your brand has no wheat or gluten in them; most don’t but a few do.)
- Mash banana into a small bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spray or grease a coffee cup or small mug, and pour the chocolate chip dough into the cup / mug.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- When done, gently pour out onto a small plate, and enjoy!
Note: If you would like a more-dough-like cookie, only cook for 1:45 and then eat (spoon) right out of the cup!
Did I just hear someone say “Please give me a little coconut milk on the side?”
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies With Coconut Flour
A grain free and nut free chocolate chip cookie recipe that is completely Paleo friendly!
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3 TBSP. Raw Honey (liquid or melted and cooled)
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips are great for a gluten free option, but they are produced in a facility that uses peanuts in other products. Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are gluten free as well!)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the honey (cooled if melted first) with the coconut oil. Add the honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and sea salt.
- Stir in the coconut flour, shredded coconut, and finally chocolate chips.
- Prepare the baking pan with coconut oil spray or lard.
- Place dough balls onto cookie sheet, and press down a little to resemble the cookie shape you want.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.
Remember, if you don’t want wheat in your diet, always read the labels on the food items you purchase. The food industry puts wheat in the weirdest of places sometimes since wheat tends to make people hungry and eat more! Always, always check to be sure!
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies with Applesauce
How can anyone beat a chocolate chip cookies recipe with applesauce? Do use organic applesauce though to avoid any genetically modified organisms (GMOs) so prevalent (and which are said to be so harmful to the body) in some food items of today such as corn, soybeans, and as applicable here, apples.
- 1/2 Cup Organic Applesauce
- 3 TBSP. Liquid Raw Honey
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Egg White
- 1/2 tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Finely Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, mix applesauce, honey, eggs, the additional egg white, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat by hand.
- Stir in coconut flour, coconut, and chocolate chips.
- Roll into balls. Flatten. Place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
NOTE: The above cookie recipes are all made with coconut flour, but many Paleo cookie recipes are made with almond flour or a combination of almond flour and coconut flour. (One recipe above does include almond butter.)
Unless you have allergies to nuts, both coconut flour and almond flour (aka almond meal) make great cookies and desserts! Just make sure you use each as called for in the recipe as they each have their own properties.
Looking for some other healthy chocolate chip cookie recipes at Padoozles.com? We have an easy recipe for low carb chocolate chip cookies that uses almond flour, and you might also love these cranberry oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with coconut palm sugar and gluten free oatmeal.
We will also be publishing some other great Paleo Christmas cookie recipes soon!
Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well. 3 John 1: 2 (NIV)