Quick Easy Summer Salads
Don’t you just love summer salads?
Why it just can’t be summer without some of your favorite summer salad recipes! In fact, these yummy salads are popular all year long for quick lunches, dinners, pot lucks, and parties.
With so many uses, you’ll be glad to have the recipes for these quick easy summer salads. They are super easy, and you’ll be amazed just how super good they are too.
Recipes for Quick Easy Summer Salads
Potato Salad with Ranch Dressing
Among favorite picnic recipes of all time, this next easy and inexpensive recipe can be easily doubled for a quick summer salad for a crowd of 15 – 16.
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans whole new potatoes
- 1/2 cup Ranch Salad Dressing
- 3 tsp. horseradish mustard
- 3/4 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- Cut up potatoes into smaller pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients.
Note: If desired, add some real bacon bits to taste to the recipe.
Easy Cheesy Macaroni Salad with Miracle Whip
- 2 cups macaroni, cooked, rinsed, and cooled
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook, drain, and rinse macaroni and keep in refrigerator until cooled and/or ready to assemble potato salad.
- In a large bowl, mix together cold macaroni, cheese, and ham.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, mix miracle whip, mustard, and sugar.
- Mix it all together and serve.
Super Easy Pea Salad
Simple summer salads like this one are so good, it might just turn out to be one of your favorite quick easy recipes!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas, drained and preferably rinsed.
- 1/2 pound cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
- In a medium serving bowl, mix together the peas, cheddar cheese, and onion.
- Stir in the sugar and salad dressing.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving.
What do you get when you cross summer salads with fruit with Chick-fil-A? You get this easy carrot and raisin salad recipe, that’s what!
Carrot and Raisin Salad
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. sugar, Splenda, or other sugar substitute
- 2 Tbps crushed pineapple
- 4 cups shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup raising
- Mix the mayonnaise, lemon juice, and sugar together.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, and rains.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
Potluck Italian Pasta Salad
No one will know this 14-serving pasta salad with Italian dressing started with two packages of Suddenly Salad and a bottle of Italian dressing! Feel free to double this recipe for even more. Talk about easy, inexpensive, and quick summer salads for a crowd!
- 2 boxes Suddenly Salad classic pasta salad mix
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup Italian dressing
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken or ham
- 1 1/2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- Bring water in a 3-quart saucepan to a boil. Empty contents of pasta pouch into water when boiling.
- Gently boil pasta, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add frozen broccoli to boiling pasta and cook 2 additional minutes.
- While that’s cooking, in a large bowl, stir contents of the seasoning mix packets from the Suddenly Salad with the Italian dressing and cold water. Mix until blended, and set aside.
- After the 12 minutes of boiling time, drain the pasta and broccoli mixture, and rinse under cold water, shaking to drain well.
- Add the pasta – broccoli mixture, chicken or ham, and tomatoes into the dressing mixture.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 14 (or approximately 28 when doubled)
Quick and easy summer salads are still great salads, and you can make them look their best by serving them in cute Tupperware food containers, festive pasta bowls, or even in glass bowls.
Or course, when it comes to quick easy summer salads, you can serve them in just about any way and smile knowing you can enjoy your time more away from the kitchen now.
For more easy summer salads to make, please feel free to see our related posts listed below or throughout the Padoozles website.