Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipes – Get Cheesy and See ‘Em Smile
Stuffed chicken breasts are always fun to make and eat, but when you add a cheese component to chicken dishes, you turn any piece of poultry into a family favorite recipe! Check out these stuffed chicken breast recipes and see your kids smile as they dig into one of these cheesy delights.
Sage Cheddar Stuffed Chicken
- 1 pound Sage Cheddar Cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small jar marinara sauce (approximately 15 to 20 ounce size)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut cheddar cheese into four equal pieces. Set aside.
- Slice a horizontal opening into the thickest end of each chicken breast, cutting deep and wide enough to insert a piece of the cheese.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper on each chicken piece.
- Heat olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium high heat; then fry both sides of each chicken breasts in the pan until some color appears (about 2 to 3 minutes per side).
- Transfer chicken to a prepared baking dish and place one piece of cheese into each chicken piece. Close, and pour marinara evenly over the chicken in the baking dish.
- Place, uncovered, into 400 degree oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove and let sit 5 to 6 minutes before serving.
Stuffed Breasts With Spinach / Ricotta / and Mozzarella Cheese
Ingredients for Marinade:
- 1/2 cups lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for Dish:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (1o ounce package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package jar of spaghetti sauce
- Mix ingredients for marinade in a bowl or zip lock bag large enough for chicken pieces. Set aside
- Cut through length of each chicken breast, making sure to keep one end of each connected.
- Place chicken breasts in marinade and then marinade pieces in refrigerated marinade for 1 to 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to proceed, preheat oven to 350 degrees and spay or lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, thawed and drained spinach, garlic powder, eggs, and 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Stuff each cut poultry piece with 1/4 of the mixture and secure end with toothpicks. Place chicken into prepared baking dish, and pour spaghetti sauce over the stuffed chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
These two boneless chicken breast recipes are great for a simple family dinner or exquisite family holiday feast, depending on what side dishes you use to compliment them.
Both of these stuffed chicken breast recipes go well with a zucchini casserole, or pick one of your favorite green bean recipes, and complete you family’s dinner with chocolate mousse or Italian ice.