Sugar Free Low Carb Cookies for Everyone in the Family
Whether you’re helping a family member with healthy weight loss, want healthy cookies for kids, or have someone in your family on a diabetic diet, these sugar free low carb cookies will be a hit with your family members.
These sugar free low carb cookies recipes are easy to make and use easy to find ingredients, and if you don’t tell anyone otherwise, they’ll probably not even realize they’re eating low carb cookies!
Sugar Free Low Carb Cookies
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
- 1 cup peanut butter, no sugar added (crunchy or smooth)
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened, sugar free shredded coconut flakes
- 4 Tablespoons sugar free jam or jelly of your choice
- Combine the peanut butter, Splenda, vanilla, cinnamon, and the egg.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so the mixture will firm up a little and be easier to handle.
- After chilling, roll the dough into 16 servings.
- Roll each ball in coconut flakes, and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Place the rolled cookies (right on the baking sheet) into the refrigerator again for 10 more minutes to make them easier to press down.
- After 10 minutes, take them back out and press each one down very slightly with your thumb.
- Place a small amount of sugar free jelly or jam of choice into the thumb indention you made in each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Recipe note: This low carb cookies recipe can be made without the jelly / jam filling as well for sugar free peanut butter cookies ! Just cover with coconut and indent them as you would otherwise, and bake them without topping with the jam.
Done this way, these are very elegant party delights for kids birthday parties or sleepovers treats!
Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Splenda
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 36 macadamia nut halves or almond halves
- Melt butter over low heat, and remove from stove top.
- In same saucepan, add cocoa powder and whisk until blended.
- Add and whisk in cream, salt, vanilla, and sugar substitute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs; then add to butter / cocoa mixture. Bet until well blended.
- Add coconut flour and blend well.
- Stir in shredded coconut flakes, and let mixture set for 5 to 10 minutes to allow time for the coconut to absorb liquids from the batter.
- Drop batter by rounded teaspoons onto baking sheet prepared with baking spray, and top with macadamia nuts or almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
Recipe note: Let cool for 10 minutes or so before you remove them from the tray.
Not only are these sugar free cookies tasty and filling, you can feel good knowing you used a low carb sugar free cookie recipe that’s a healthy addition to your family dinner!
Which recipe for low carb cookies are YOU going to make tonight?