Taco salad is always a family favorite at the dinner table. Even teenagers go for taco salads! The taco salad recipes below might just become one of YOUR favorites as well too because they don’t take much time, and they are full of kid-friendly, healthy ingredients.
You’ll find yourself getting your recipes for taco salad out again the next time you need to make a quick and easy family dinner.
It’s taco salad tonight everyone!
Ground Beef Taco Salad With Doritos
Ingredients for taco salad:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 package Doritos (Can use Cool Ranch, Nacho Cheese, Taco flavored, or other flavor of your choice)
- 2-3 chopped tomatoes
- Chopped lettuce, whatever amount you like for a base
- 2 cups shredded cheese (Mexican three cheese blend is great, but shredded cheddar cheese or pepper jack cheese will work too)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, and cook until hamburger is all the way done.
- Drain fat.
- Divide lettuce into individual taco salad bowls as desired.
- Break some Doritos up in your hands onto each salad.
- Top with beef, tomatoes, and grated cheese.
- Complete with some salsa and then sour cream on top of it all.
Having a single taco salad bowl for each taco salad makes serving a family dinner with taco salad a breeze.
Serves 4 – 6.
Chicken Taco Salad
When you think of chicken breast recipes, don’t over look this one!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 cups cooked, shredded or cubed chicken breast (cook your own or use the fresh chicken breast strips from your grocery deli)
- 1 1/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 (14 ounce) can cooked black beans, well drained, rinsed, and well drained again
- 1 cup diced red onions
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups salsa
- 4 large taco salad shells (or 8 small, side-dish-size ones)
- Lay a layer of lettuce in the bottom of each taco salad shell.
- Arrange chicken on top of lettuce.
- Then continue layering with black beans, red onions, and tomatoes.
- Top with a little bit of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Finally, complete with some salsa on top.
Serves 4 servings (as a dinner serving) or 8 (as side servings).
Note: You can buy taco salad shells on the international aisle of your supermarket or in a Mexican specialty food shop or you can make your own homemade taco shells to use.
Vegetarian Taco Salad
This taco salad recipe with Fritos is amazing, and you’ll get an amazing amount of protein using garbanzo beans or black beans.
- Bed of lettuce
- 1 Lg. bag Fritos
- 1 can whole yellow corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 cans garbanzo beans or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red onions, diced
- 3 cups diced tomatoes, fresh or canned and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- Pickled banana peppers
- Pitted black olives
- French Salad Dressing, to your taste
- Fill bottom of a glass salad bowl with lettuce.
- Layer the ingredients on top of the lettuce in the following order: Hand-crumbled (large crumbles) Fritos, corn, beans, onions, tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- Arrange banana peppers and olives on top.
- Serve with French dressing on the side.
If you’ve never heard of a taco salad recipe with French dressing before, well now you have, and believe me, French dressing is very complimentary of what’s in a taco salad!
Taco salad is always a welcome entree at dinner and also makes a hearty take along lunch too! Having an easy taco salad recipe or two like these around the house will make cooking for your family a breeze.
For more quick easy recipes for lightening fast meals or to see some quick summer salad recipes that make hearty dinners in and of themselves, please see our related links or other recipes throughout the site!