When I saw a Rice Krispie Treats Recipe With Milky Way Candy Bars, and I also knew Milky Way Bars were on sale at the grocery store, I had to give this recipe a try.
The recipe was from Ruthie Wornall’s book, The Best of Cooking With 3 Ingredients, one of the best books with easy 3 ingredient recipes I’ve seen. In fact, I get recipes for all sorts of things from that book, not just 3 ingredient dessert recipes!
If you think you might like this older but forever great book, you can still purchase it at Amazon right here:
The recipe in the book is actually titled “Milky Way Squares”.
This quick and easy dessert recipe (a good dessert recipe for kids and adults alike) takes just three ingredients – Rice Krispies Cereal, Butter, and Milky Ways Candy.
The shear number of ingredients makes this an inexpensive recipe too, especially if you get the candy at a good price. Even if the ingredients are all at full price though, this is a very inexpensive dessert recipe. After all, it only takes three ingredients!
I also found this recipe a little easier to make than the traditional Rice Krispies with marshmallows. It just seemed like I had a couple of extra minutes before the Rice Krispie bars began to harden. I had just enough time to put all the ingredients into the pan to set!
For those of you who have made Rice Krispies with marshmallow cream or marshmallows before, you know what I mean!
I should make mention here, before you start, that this recipe makes a 11 x 7 inch square dessert, not the larger 9 x 13 recipe you usually find when you have a recipe for Rice Krispie Treats. However, the result is rich enough that you won’t feel like stuffing yourself, so the smaller size might be the best dessert to make anyway!
And one more thing, if my daughter-in-law Jezzy reads this (which I assume she will because she does read my blog on a regular basis-the best kind of daughter-in-law, lol), I have to admit Jezzy never got any of these. It seems my husband’s next-to-favorite candy is Milky Ways. This Milky Ways candy bar recipe wasn’t going to make it until my son and daughter-in-law visited us!
All will be forgiven though, I’m sure. Plus… with such a quick and easy dessert recipe as this, someone will be making this again soon.
So for Jezzy and all of you who didn’t get a chance to try the batch I made, here’s the recipe for Rice Krispie Treats With Milky Way Candy Bars.
- 8 ounces Milky Way Candy Bars
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups rice cereal
- Grease an 11 x 7-inch pan, and set aside.
- Melt candy and butter in large saucepan on low heat.
- Stir in cereal, and coat cereal with the melted candy and butter quickly.
- Pat candy-butter-cereal mixture into the greased 11 x 7 inch pan. (This must be done quickly before the mixture begins to set and sticks to the spoon.)
- Refrigerate treats until firm.
- Cut into squares, and enjoy!.
- You can purchase 4 (2-oz) candy bars as listed in the original recipe, or purchase a larger 11.24 ounce bag of Fun Size Milky Way Candy Bars, and remove about 4 mini bars to use another time before using the remaining 8 ounces of candy for this recipe. I bet you can find a really good use for those four extra Fun Size candy bars, can't you?
*** Please Click Here to Visit One of My Favorite Money Saving Sites ***
*** The Grocery Game – Cut Grocery Bills by 67% or more! ***