The Best Summer Salads Recipes for Quick Easy Dinners
Most summer salads are quick and easy to make, but not all of them stand well alone as a main course. There are some that are really good for quick easy dinners though. Below is a list of the best summer salads recipes which don’t require much time or energy but which offer an option for a hearty meal none the less.
The Best Summer Salads for Quick Easy Dinner
The four kinds of best summer salad recipes you can use for a quick dinner
1. Cold summer pasta salads are always easy to make and ready to satisfy, and this quick and easy pasta salad with bacon and ranch dressing will be a hit with the kids too.
BLT Pasta Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium seashell pasta
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 1/2 cups Ranch dressing
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large post of salted water to a boil.
- Add the pasta, and cook until tender, about 7 – 8 minutes.
- Drain, and rinse under cold water.
- While the pasta is cooling, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels to remove grease.
- In a large bowl, stir together the Ranch dressing, onion, and tomatoes.
- Mix in the cooled pasta. (It will thicken as it sets, so don’t worry if it looks like you have too much dressing at first.)
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, crumble the bacon over the top.
Serves: 5 LARGE dinner-size servings or 10 side servings
Cooking for kids hint: Sometimes even the best summer pasta salad needs a boost. If you want to make sure your children have enough protein in their diet, make sure you serve a quick easy pasta salad with a protein shake for kids, add a protein bar for dessert, incorporate a high protein healthy snack in the afternoon that day, or simply make sure your child has a high protein meal at another time of the day.
You don’t ever need to ban a quick easy dinner idea from your kids dinner menu! Just make sure your children get all the nutrition they need each day by offering high quality food throughout their daily schedules!
2. Summer salads with fruit make delicious summer salads you can use for light dinners or lunch. This summer salad with strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi is easy yet it’s also about as pretty and healthy as you can get as well.
Spinach and Fruit Summer Salad
Ingredients for Salad:
- 10 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 2 (6 ounce) packages Oscar Mayer Delifresh Grilled Chicken Breast
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- 4-5 kiwis, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces feta cheese (or mozzarella if you prefer a more mild flavor)
Ingredients for a quick easy salad dressing for the spinach and fruit summer salad recipe:
- 2.3 cup extra virgin olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 4 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. Strawberry Jam
- 1 1/2 Tbsp poppyseeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Make the salad dressing by mixing the oil, vinegar, strawberry jam, poppyseed, and salt together. Whisk or shake briskly to combine well. Set aside.
- Place pecans and sugar over a medium heat, and stir constantly as the sugar melts. Keep over heat, stirring constantly while the sugar melts, clumps, then evenly coats the pecans.
- Remove pecans from heat and spread over aluminum foil. Break apart when cooled.
- Wash and slice fruit
- Combine the spinach with the fruit, chicken, and pecans.
- Serve with the strawberry poppyseed dressing you just made then!
3. Summer salads with chicken can be made with your own baked or grilled chicken, or you can make a quick easy salad for dinner by taking advantage of the fresh grilled chicken breast strips from the deli counter of your local supermarket.
4. And when you are looking for the best summer salad recipe to have for a quick family dinner, a good ole Taco salad recipe with Fritos is about as perfect as it comes!
Cooking for your family is important, but when you have the busy schedules so many families have today, quick and easy family dinners become a necessity.
Fortunately there are many delicious summer salads recipes that will provide fuel and fun to your family dinner table while taking little time or effort to prepare. Finding the best summer salad that fits you and your kids’ busy schedule should be pretty easy to do!