Warm Up To a Taco Salad With Doritos Cool Ranch Chips
Could it be? A taco salad with Doritos… those scrumptious Cool Ranch Doritos even? Why yes it is, and this chicken taco salad with those crunchy Cool Ranch Doritos ingredients will warm your little heart.
And if this warm chicken taco salad recipe with those yummy chips just doesn’t suit your fancy on a particular day, you’ll find a second one that is a cold taco salad recipe Doritos Cool Ranch flavored of course as well! Did I mention that one is a taco salad with Catalina dressing too? Well, I guess I just did now anyway! LOL
So let’s get going with our first “cool” Doritos taco salad recipe, shall we?
Taco Salad With Doritos
Variation 1: Warm
A Warm Chicken and Cool Ranch Taco Salad Recipe With Doritos
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup salad dressing, divided
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1 pkg. (1 1/4 oz.) taco seasoning mix
- 4 cups regular or baked Cool Ranch Doritos
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup scallions
- Fry the chicken strips in 2 Tbsp. of the salad dressing in a large skillet on medium-high heat for 5 – 6 minutes or until cooked completely through, stirring occasionally.
- When cooked through, reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in remaining salad dressing, the chopped tomato, and the seasoning mix. Cook and stir another 5 minutes.
- Arrange Dorito tortilla chips on a large serving platter.
- Top chips with layers of lettuce, warm chicken mixture, cheese, olive, and onions.
- Serve warm.
Makes 4 large servings.
Dorito Taco Salad
Variation 2: Cold
A Cold Taco Salad Recipe Doritos Catalina Dressing – Beef and Ranch Style Beans
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans WITH sauce (gives that southwestern feel to it!)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 head lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 – 3 tomatoes, cut into small chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bag Cool Ranch Doritos
- Cook hamburger with onions in large pot over medium heat. Drain fat when hamburger is cooked through.
- Add ranch beans WITH sauce and taco seasoning to hamburger-onion mixture, and mix, stirring occasionally over medium heat until beans are heated. (It doesn’t take long.)
- Remove from heat and add shredded lettuce, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, and the entire bottle of Catalina dressing.
- Place mixed salad in a covered bowl and put into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before eating, mix in the Ranch Doritos, and enjoy this cold taco salad Doritos included.
Makes 6 servings.
Each Doritos taco salad recipe here has its own unique taste appeal. Additionally, there is a warm and a cold Dorito taco salad to choose from. If you never thought a taco salad could be out of the ordinary, seeing how to make a taco salad with Doritos hopefully just opened your eyes to make you one cool ranch dude, Doritos Cool Ranch dude, that is!
PS, While I think these are pretty cool salad recipes, if you would like to have some other taco salad recipes or perhaps a summer salad recipe that can be used as a light dinner or lunch, please feel free to check our related links below or throughout the Padoozles website.